Connect with us

New York

Video shows Avalanche game-winning goal likely shouldn’t have counted

Published

on

Should Nazem Kadri’s game-winning goal for the Avalanche in overtime to win Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final even have counted?

With eight minutes left in the first overtime period of the game, Kadri took a pass from Artturi Lehkonen through the Lightning defense and put the puck behind goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy. After some brief confusion, the shot was ruled a goal, giving Colorado a 3-1 lead in the series as it moves back to home ice for Game 5.

But after the dust settled, many online pointed out that the goal may not have been legal. The Avalanche were in the middle of a change when Kadri took the winning shot, and screengrabs from the scene showed Nathan MacKinnon may not have gotten off in time – and there were perhaps too many men on the ice.

Nazem Kadri scores the game-winning goal against Andrei Vasilevskiy
Nazem Kadri scores the game-winning goal against Andrei Vasilevskiy
Getty Images

It was not lost on those involved, particularly Lightning coach Jon Cooper, who was “nearly in tears” during the postgame press conference, according to The Athletic. Cooper only took one question and said he would be available tomorrow.

“You’re going to see what I mean when you see the winning goal,” Cooper said. “My heart breaks for the players, because we probably still should be playing.”

In the moment, Cooper did not clarify why the goal should not have counted, but chatter quickly spread about the possible extra man on the ice. Even the official score sheet given to the media at the game noted there were seven Colorado players on the ice when the goal was scored (including the goalie).

It appears Cooper and the Lightning have a strong case – though it’s all for naught at this point, with their season now officially on the brink. To be fair, the Lightning beat the Islanders on a similar play in last year’s playoffs, en route to a Stanley Cup championship.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

New York

Warren Sapp claims Colin Kaepernick’s Raiders workout was a ‘disaster’

Published

on

Colin Kaepernick’s agent was “surprised” over Warren Sapp’s claim that the former NFL quarterback had “one of the worst workouts” with the Raiders in May.

“I guess Warren didn’t talk to the General Manager [Dave Zieger] or the head coach [Josh McDaniels],” Nalley told Pro Football Talk. “I spoke to the GM several times and he said they all thought Kap was in great shape and threw the ball really well and encouraged any team to call him about the workout and he would tell them the same.

“I’m surprised Warren would say that, because it’s not true and you would think he would want Kap on a team.”

Sapp — a former All-Pro defensive tackle, who spent three of his 13 NFL seasons with the Raiders — spoke about Kaepernick during an appearance on VladTV last week.

Colin Kaepernick throws during Michigan's spring game on April 2, 2022.
Colin Kaepernick throws during Michigan’s spring game on April 2, 2022.
AP

“I heard it was a disaster. I heard one of the worst workouts ever,” the Hall of Famer said after the host mentioned they had heard Kaepernick’s workout “was not that great.”

Sapp couldn’t believe footage of the free-agent quarterback’s workout didn’t surface.

“I’m wondering how the hell this happened and the tape didn’t get out, right?” he said, adding that he doesn’t see Kaepernick making an NFL return.

The Raiders gave Kaepernick a workout opportunity in May, amid a search for a backup behind Derek Carr. It was Kaepernick’s first workout with an NFL team since he split with the 49ers following the 2016 season. Kaepernick, now 34, knelt during the nation anthem that season to protest social injustice.

McDaniels didn’t discuss Kaepernnick or divulge any details after the workout, and said the Raiders prefer to keep things “private.”

“If players are added to the team, then obviously we’ll talk about them at that point,” he said at the time. Other reports claimed Kaepernick’s workout went very well.

Kaepernick hasn’t played an NFL game in six years, but has insisted he’s ready to “take a team to a Super Bowl again.”

“I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I’m prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again,” Kaepernick told Ebony magazine last October.

Colin Kaepernick, Lil Durk and Nessa attend 2022 Hot 97 Summer Jam at MetLife Stadium on June 12, 2022.
Colin Kaepernick, Lil Durk and Nessa attend 2022 Hot 97 Summer Jam at MetLife Stadium on June 12, 2022.
WireImage

The San Francisco 49ers selected Kaepernick in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft, and he was with the team until he became a free agent in March 2017. The 34-year-old quarterback led the 49ers to Super Bowl 47 in the 2012 campaign, throwing for 302 yards with a touchdown and rushing for another score in a 34-31 loss to the Ravens.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading

New York

Jodie Sweetin shoved to the ground by LAPD at Roe v. Wade protest

Published

on

Los Angeles Police Department officers shoved Jodie Sweetin to the ground Saturday as she protested the Supreme Court overturning its landmark 1973 decision Roe v. Wade.

Photojournalist Michael Ade shared a video on Instagram of the “Full House” alum approaching the cops when one of the men pushed her off the side of a road in LA and another threw her down on the concrete.

Sweetin, 40, immediately stood back up, put her baseball cap back on and continued screaming, “No justice, no peace” with the rest of the crowd.

“What the f–k is wrong with you guys?” one fellow protester screamed as others rushed to help the actress get off the ground.

Ade also posted a photo of Sweetin passionately talking into a bullhorn while holding up her middle finger at the same rally.

Jodie Sweetin posing on a red carpet.
Sweetin stood back up and continued protesting after being shoved.
Getty Images

“Thank you for posting. Love everyone out there in the streets fighting for what’s right… ❤️❤️ #WeKeepUsSafe,” Sweetin commented on The Progressivists’ account, which reposted the original video.

The former “Fuller House” star, who has been active on social media to rally against last Friday’s controversial ruling, told Variety that she was “extremely proud” of those who have been protesting.

Jodie Sweetin posing for a photo
The actress called the Supreme Court’s decision “giant injustices.”
Getty Images

“I’m extremely proud of the hundreds of people who showed up yesterday to exercise their First Amendment rights and take immediate action to peacefully protest the giant injustices that have been delivered from our Supreme Court,” she said in a statement.

“Our activism will continue until our voices are heard and action is taken. This will not deter us, we will continue fighting for our rights. We are not free until ALL of us are free.”

Sweetin’s message comes after dozens of other celebrities also condemned the Supreme Court’s decision.

Jodie Sweetin and daughters Zoie and Beatrix on a red carpet.
Sweetin has two daughters: Zoie, 14, and Beatrix, 11.
FilmMagic

“I’m absolutely terrified that this is where we are – that after so many decades of people fighting for women’s rights to their own bodies, today’s decision has stripped us of that,” Taylor Swift tweeted Friday.

“This is devastating news for families – Men and women – who believe the government should not decide when and with whom they become parents. This is not the end of this fight for human rights,” Elizabeth Banks tweeted.

“F–kin bulls–t!! This decision is about more than abortion, it’s about who has power over you, who has authority to make decisions for you, and who is going to control how your future turns out,” Alicia Keys wrote.

Sweetin’s rep didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for additional comment.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading

New York

Johnny Depp could reprise Captain Jack ‘Pirates’ role with $301M deal: report

Published

on

To tweak a legendary line from Johnny Depp’s best-known franchise: “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost canceled Captain Jack Sparrow.”

Embattled actor Johnny Depp is rumored to be getting paid over $300 million to return to “Pirates Of The Caribbean,” after getting unceremoniously dumped from the franchise in 2018 amid abuse allegations by ex Amber Heard. A source close to Disney allegedly dropped the bombshell in a new interview with Aussie outlet Poptopic.

“The deal is reportedly for Johnny Depp to return as Jack Sparrow,” the little leaking birdie claimed to the Down Under entertainment website.

The 59-year-old “Donnie Brasco” star had played the swashbuckling buccaneer in five
“Pirates” movies over the last 15 years, before Disney dropped him from sixth and final installmentin wake of 36-year-old Heard’s 2018 Washington Post op-ed Depp claimed defamed him as a domestic abuser. This reportedly caused the “Edward Scissorhands” icon to lose out on a $22.5 million payday.

Johnny Depp portrays Captain Jack Sparrow in a scene from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."
Johnny Depp portrays Captain Jack Sparrow in a scene from “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.”
AP

However, following Depp’s highly-publicized defamation suit win earlier this month, it appears that the House Of Mouse could be willing to reinstate him in the iconic role.

“Disney are very interested in patching up their relationship with Johnny Depp,” the source alleged to per Poptopic. “They reached out to the actor prior to his defamation trial against Amber Heard and asked whether he would be interested in returning for another ‘Pirates’ film or two.”

The Post has reached out to reps for Depp and Walt Disney Pictures for comment.

Meanwhile, the rumored comeback deal, which is allegedly worth a cool $301 million, would reportedly see Depp “return as Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean 6 and a spin-off Disney Plus series about the early life of the Captain of The Black Pearl,” per the source.

“What I can tell you is that the studio has already penned up a draft for a film about Jack Sparrow so they are very hopeful that Johnny will forgive them and return as his iconic character,” the source claimed.

Actors Amber Heard (L) and Johnny Depp attend the 27th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala at Palm Springs Convention Center on January 2, 2016 in Palm Springs, California.
Actors Amber Heard (L) and Johnny Depp attend the 27th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala at Palm Springs Convention Center on January 2, 2016 in Palm Springs, California.
WireImage

The new development comes after an unnamed Disney executive hinted at the “Finding Neverland” actor donning Sparrow’s tricorner again following his defamation trial win.

“I absolutely believe post-verdict that ‘Pirates’ is primed for rebooting with Johnny as Capt. Jack back on board,” the source said in an interview with People magazine earlier this month. “There is just too much potential box-office treasure for a beloved character deeply embedded in the Disney culture,” they added.

Earlier this month, Depp was awarded more than $10 million in his defamation case earlier this month. A jury in Fairfax, Virginia, found Heard liable for defaming Depp. The jury also found Heard was defamed by one of Depp’s lawyers but only awarded her $2 million in damages.

However, the “Aquaman” actress reportedly plans to file an appeal after her and Depp’s attorney’s were unable to reach a last-minute settlement Friday.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.