Connect with us

New York

President Biden’s job approval ratings continue to tank

Published

on

President Biden’s job approval ratings continue to tank, as the latest poll shows ​50 percent of Americans disapprove of his performance in the White House — with independents’ disapproval of Biden’s job putting him in negative territory.

The president, dealing with intense criticism over his bungled withdrawal from Afghanistan and a surge in COVID cases, has seen his approval rating fall to 42 percent, a drop of four points since early August, according to the Quinnipiac University poll released on Tuesday. ​

It also marks the first time Biden’s ratings have fallen into negative territory in the Quinnipiac poll since he took office in January. ​​

Broken down by political party, Democrats approve of the job Biden is doing 88 – 7 percent, Republicans disapprove 91 -7 percent and independents disapprove 52 – 34 percent. ​

Other surveys began showing Biden’s approval rating falling below 50 percent at the beginning of August. ​

Afghanistan.
54 percent of Americans agree with President Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw from Afghanistan, and 69 percent said it was the right thing to do.
MoD Crown Copyright via Getty Images

Americans are split, though, on his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, with 48 percent approving and 49 percent disapproving — numbers down slightly since August when 53 percent said they approved of the response to the deadly virus and 40 percent disapproved. ​

On foreign policy, 59 percent disapprove and 34 percent approve, a substantial decline from last month when 42 percent approved and 44 percent disapproved. ​

The president is also in negative territory when it comes to his handling of the economy, with 52 percent disapproving and 42 percent approving. ​

Taliban.
62 percent of those polled believe that American troops will eventually return to Afghanistan to fight terrorists.
AFP via Getty Images

“If there ever was a honeymoon for President Biden, it is clearly over. This is, with few exceptions, a poll full of troubling negatives… from overall job approval, to foreign policy, to the economy,”​ ​said Quinnipiac University Polling Analyst Tim Malloy.​

The poll also found that 54 percent of Americans agree with Biden’s decision to withdraw from Afghanistan, and 69 percent said it was the right thing to do, but 65 percent disagree with how he handled the pullout. ​

And 62 percent of respondents believe that American troops will eventually return to Afghanistan to fight terrorists — 28 percent said no. ​

Joe Biden.
This is the first time President Biden’s ratings have fallen into negative territory in the Quinnipiac poll since he took office in January. ​​
Alex Wong/Getty Images

The survey of 1,210 adults was conducted between Sept. 10 -13.

It has a plus/minus 2.8 percentage points margin of error. 

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

New York

Mac Jones explains how his girlfriend, mom help him ‘break down’ football games

Published

on

Patriots rookie quarterback Mac Jones’ coaching staff is stacked.

Although Bill Belichick and his staff in New England are teaching Jones the NFL ropes, it’s his mother Holly Jones and girlfriend Sophie Scott who are lending advice behind-the-scenes.

“[Sophie] understands football and so does my mom, so I always get the breakdown from them after the game,” Jones said on WEEI’s “Merloni and Fauria” podcast.

Jones, in a separate interview a few days prior, mentioned that his college girlfriend helped him learn the Patriots playbook during preseason.

While on “Merloni and Fauria,” the host asked Jones if Scott “gets any days off” from discussing the playbook — to which he joked, “Yeah, we’ll see when I get home.”

“Yeah, so I listen to them and my dad, obviously the coaches most importantly,” Jones said. “But it’s good to take whatever they thought I could do better. I always ask them what I can improve on, and they’ll give me something. They’ve been pretty good about that.”

The Alabama product and Scott, also a University of Alabama alum, met at school. They went public with their romance on Instagram in Sept. 2019. 

Jones — the No. 15 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft — was the talk of preseason after he beat out Cam Newton for the starting quarterback job in New England.

Newton was released by the Patriots on August 31, and later said he would’ve been a distraction if he wasn’t the starting quarterback in New England.

Jones was able to spread the ball well in New England’s Week 1 loss (17-16) at home against the Dolphins. He completed passes to eight different players and racked up 281 passing yards and a touchdown.

The Patriots visit the 0-1 Jets on Sunday.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading

New York

Nicki Minaj claims she was invited to White House to discuss COVID after viral tweet

Published

on

Nicki Minaj said she was invited to the White House to discuss COVID-19 after claiming the vaccine can cause impotence – but an official has shot down her claim, saying the rapper was only offered a phone call with a doctor.

“The White House has invited me & I think it’s a step in the right direction. Yes, I’m going. I’ll be dressed in all pink like Legally Blonde so they know I mean business,” the 38-year-old rap superstar said in a tweet Wednesday.

“I’ll ask questions on behalf of the ppl who have been made fun of for simply being human,” Minaj added.

However, a White House official refuted her claim about being invited in person, saying the singer was simply offered a call.

“As we have with others, we offered a call with Nicki Minaj and one of our doctors to answer questions she has about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine,” the official told Fox News.

Nicki Minaj has claimed that the White House has invited her to Washington DC in order to discuss the COVID-19 vaccine. White House officials have refuted the statement.
Nicki Minaj has claimed that the White House has invited her to Washington DC in order to discuss the COVID-19 vaccine. White House officials have refuted the statement.
Robert Kamau/GC Images

But Minaj doubled down and insisted she was indeed invited to the White House, but that she suggested a “Live” online session instead because she doesn’t want to travel due to the pandemic.

“Do y’all think that I would go on the Internet and lie about being invited to the … White House?” she said on Instagram, according to Newsweek.

She wrote: “We’d like to offer Nicki an invitation to come to the White House to speak with two people… the two names… um, what is that man’s name… Dr. Fauci and with the surgeon general.”

White House officials stated that they offered to call Minaj and connect her to a doctor to explain the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.
White House officials stated that they offered to call Minaj and connect her to a doctor to explain the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.
Win McNamee/Getty Images

Minaj continued: “And do you know what I said? I said, ‘Well, I would rather not have to travel, can we do something like a [Instagram] Live’ and they said that they’re open to me choosing a platform to do a Live but they never have taken that off the table for me to come to the White House.”

In response to the statement from the White House, she added: “And then just imagine someone saying, ‘Oh, no, we offered Nicki Minaj the same phone call we offer everybody else.’ What? You think they would offer that to Mookie in the projects. No. ‘Everybody else.’

“And I see why a lot of celebrities keep themselves bubbled up. You understand? We’re living in a place without free healthcare. So anybody in this country has the right to question anything about their health,” she said, according to Newsweek.

Minaj was reportedly blocked from Twitter after the now viral tweets regarding the COVID-19 vaccine.
Minaj was reportedly blocked from Twitter after the now viral tweets regarding the COVID-19 vaccine.
Instagram

The “Starships” singer made headlines this week when she skipped the Met Gala and tweeted her more than 22.6 million followers that it required attendees to be vaccinated. She said she wouldn’t get the jab until “I feel I’ve done enough research.”

Minaj later shared an unverified story about a cousin’s friend in Trinidad and claimed the unidentified person “became impotent” and “his testicles became swollen” after receiving the shot.

Dr. Anthony Fauci dismissed her claim as misinformation.

“There’s no evidence that it happens, nor is there any mechanistic reason to imagine that it would happen,” the nation’s top infectious diseases expert said Tuesday on CNN.

Meanwhile, Minaj also told her followers on Instagram that she had been placed in “Twitter jail” for her controversial remarks and vowed to never use the platform again, according to Fox Business.

“I’m in Twitter jail y’all,” she proclaimed Wednesday. “They didn’t like what I was saying over there on that block, I guess my poll was gonna be asking questions is OK I like being fkng dumb then boom. Can’t tweet.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci (right) has publicly dismissed Minaj's claims saying there is no proof of impotency.
Dr. Anthony Fauci (right) has publicly dismissed Minaj’s claims saying there is no proof of impotency.
CNN

Minaj later added: “Look at what they just did. I will never use Twitter again. First of all, I didn’t give any facts about any vaccine… I didn’t give any facts about anything,” according to Newsweek.

But a Twitter rep later told BuzzFeed that the platform “did not take any enforcement action in the account.”

In another development, a government minister in Trinidad and Tobago said officials in the country “wasted so much time” trying to confirm Minaj’s bizarre claims about the shot’s reproductive side effects.

“As we stand now, there is absolutely no reported side effect or adverse event of testicular swelling in Trinidad… and none that we know of anywhere in the world,” Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh told reporters, the BBC reported.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading

New York

Fencing installed around the Capitol ahead of anticipated Sept. 18 protest

Published

on

Fencing around the US Capitol building has been reinstalled ahead of a planned rally Saturday in support of the Jan. 6 rioters.

Late Wednesday night, workers wearing construction vests put together the fencing around the government building as local law enforcement braces for the “Justice for J6” demonstration.

The rally is being held to protest the detainment of those arrested in connection to the Jan 6. insurrection. 

The riot saw hundreds of former President Trump supporters violently breach the Capitol, leading to five deaths. 

More than 600 people are facing federal charges linked to the insurrection, and over 60 have pleaded guilty, mostly to misdemeanor charges of demonstrating in the Capitol.

Meanwhile, Washington DC has seen several other security threats in recent weeks, prompting law enforcement to be on high alert ahead of the protest — including a man claiming to have a bomb outside the Library of Congress and another who was arrested outside the Democratic National Committee headquarters after being found in possession of several knives and a machete.

Workers install security fencing around the U.S. Capitol in preparation for this weekend's Justice for J6 Rally.
Workers install security fencing around the U.S. Capitol in preparation for this weekend’s Justice for J6 Rally.
Getty Images

The fencing around the building is the first major security measure being taken in preparation. It was last seen surrounding the Capitol in July, when it was originally removed

It is unclear how many people will attend Saturday’s rally, however, one of the organizers, Matt Braynard with Look Ahead America, told Fox5 that he is estimating around 700 people. 

“We’ve cooperated with the Capitol Police, Park Police, Metropolitan Police. We’ve got additional security–a diplomatic security team–to help make the event be smooth,” Braynard, a former Trump campaign staffer, said.

Capitol building
US Capitol Police, Washington Metropolitan Police and the FBI Washington Field Office will be monitoring the event.
AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite

“We’ve got volunteers who are going to be there to help keep everybody safe. We’re encouraging everybody to leave in groups together so they can’t be targeted.”

He has also told attendees in a message on the rally’s website not to wear or bring any “political, candidate, or another organization’s paraphernalia” including “clothing or banners supportive of President Trump or President Biden.”

Rather, rallygoers are being told to “[b]e respectful to our security team and law enforcement” and “wear your red, white, and blue and bring your American flag and signs to show your support of the J6 prisoners.”

US Capitol Police, Washington Metropolitan Police and the FBI Washington Field Office will be monitoring the event.

Capitol riots
More than 600 people are facing federal charges linked to the insurrection, and over 60 have pleaded guilty,.
JOSEPH PREZIOSO/AFP via Getty Images

This week, Capitol Police requested assistance from the Pentagon ahead of the rally. 

Defense Department press secretary John Kirby confirmed the request to reporters on Wednesday but declined to elaborate on its nature except to say that Pentagon officials are “analyzing” it and “if it can be validated and supported, we’ll do that.”

“My understanding is that it is not an exorbitant ask,” he added. “It’s not of a particularly large size or major capability. I think it’s really more in the form of some manpower support.”

In addition to the Capitol protest, Look Ahead America has planned smaller rallies in 17 states, including outside the state capitol buildings in New York and New Jersey.

For further reading visit Source

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.